Stephen graduated from Union University in Jackson, TN with a degree in Finance and Economics. Stephen holds several securities licenses including series 7, series 63, series 65, and life insurance license. Stephen's goal as an advisor is to fully educate clients on investments so they are comfortable with the risk and rewards of investing. He is committed to making himself available to his clients. Since the group is located in the bank, we believe it is convenient for them to come in and have a face to face visit.
Stephen is married to Audrey Goolsby Russell and they have two children Titus James Russell born November 28, 2011 and Natalie Ann Russell born March 28,2014.
Stephen has been active in the following civic and professional organizations:
- Member of The Smith County Gideons
- Past president of the Smith County Chamber of Commerce
- Past president of the Carthage Rotary Club
- Past Board member of the Smith County Heritage Museum
- Smith County Leadership Class of 2002
- Deacon of Carthage First Baptist Church
- Finance Committee of New Salem Association
- Past assistant baseball coach at Smith County High School